Units passing each other in the mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Units passing each other in the mail

I have been a dealer for SEI for about 2 and a half years. When I first heard of SEI I thought here is a great opportunity to help people out and maybe make a few dollars. Man was I wrong. Since I started selling these lower units I spend a lot of time taking units off and sending them back due to a failure of each unit. The tech people at SEI usually blames the problem on in proper break in. I always go over the procedures and each customer says they follow them. Almost every Yamaha unit I have purchaced has failed causing me the time and expense of shipping units back. I was told at first if the unit failed in the first 30 days they would pay the shipping both ways. This stopped after 2 units. Now I'm stuck paying what little money I did make on shipping and customers with little faith in these lower units. Don't get me wrong I have not heard a complaint from SEI and their customer service is helpful. I have all but quit buying their products and went back to remanufactured units because of less trouble and if there is trouble I get a call tag to return it. If I do sell a SEI unit it is with a mark up to cover the future shipping.

Bought and installed mine today...have you ever considered breaking in the lower units yourself, and seeing if there is a difference?

Experience as a long time marine mechanic of sorts tells me most people cant resist flooring it right away or not performing proper break in time restraints.

Operator error is a bitch. Doing the break in for them might cost them a bit more in fuel and time for a driver to do it right, but save you and them countless headaches in the long run.

Comment

Working...
    X