Impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller

I installed a SEI106 at the beginning of last summer and it has been awesome, not one issue. Last year I put 42.5hrs on it and now with this boating season coming to an end I will have about 150 hours on the new drive. Our boating season is about 4 months up here. I've look around the web for this answer but can't really find a clear answer. I've read that the impeller should be changed once a year, that the water pump should be changed once a year. I've also read the impeller should be changed once every two years and so on and what I don't know if these terms are for southern boaters that use their boats the entire year or if it is seasonal terms that I should follow. I'd appreciate some clarification on this so I can do the proper maintenance on my drive and keep it running smooth for many more years. Thanks for your help.

Ron

If you operated it proerly and if you didnt damage it with sand or mud and if the oil is still clean and up to the full level then the normal schedule is 2 yrs of normal season use (roughly 100hrs / season). 2 years no matter how many hours because the vanes will take a "set"

Comment

Impeller

Thanks for the reply. So it is just the impeller that I need to replace then correct? No other water pump parts unless I see damage?

Comment

There is the rubber impeller that will show visable damage, the top cover will show melted plastic on top just under the rubber slinger washer, the water pump base will show melting damage under the SS wear plate.
        A upper rebuild kit has all the parts needed except the base.
        A severe overheat can also damage the water pocket that is in the upper unit. its where the copper tube goes into.
        Without seeing any damage to the parts mentioned, then just impeller replacement is done.

Comment

Water Pump Schematics

Does anyone know if there is a schematic available for the water pump servicing?

Comment

Working...
          X