Thread: Noisy upper drive

Default Noisy upper drive

SE106 Upper Drive (serial #101154)

I received the above motor from you in August 2013.
    To run this new motor in I followed and adhered to all of your break-in procedures.
    The drive was noisy to begin with but after checking on your website’s forum, I dismissed it as “cutting teeth still”.
    But now after 150 hours it is getting very loud and can actually hear the gears turning (I have made a video of motor running but it wouldn't let me upload as an attachment. Please provide an email address so I can forward the video to you).
    I noticed metal filings on the magnetic drain plug after an oil change.
    I have recently changed the oil again and after one outing (of less than one hour running time) found more filings (see pictures).
    As this motor is still under warranty, I would like to make a claim.
    Unfortunately I am in Australia and it will be expensive to return the drive to you to check.
    What is the next step?

Kind regards
    Danny McKnight
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sorry your experiencing an issue. You can email warranty@shopsei.net and Carl will take a look at the video and he can set up the warranty for you.

Thanks,

Tech Support