Se109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Se109

Im interested in picking up one these lowers but I cant really find much information or reviews on them. Most of what I find is for the Cobra conversion, the boat has twins so for the money im much better off just getting a lower. Cant beat the price or warrenty.

Is the shift shaft height the same? Have there been any improvements over the original design? Whats the reason for having to use a different thrust washer? Can I reuse my prop and the existing hub? Are the lower gears 14/26? Do I also need to order the seals or do they come with them?

The unit is designed almost the same as the original. Shift heights are the same, all the parts interchange. The difference is the original has a fine tooth count and we have a coarse tooth count which makes for a stronger gear. The difference in ratio is minor (1,83 vs. 1.86) so most likely you won't notice it. Mercury did a similar thing with their sterndrives and didn't have any issues with the slight ratio difference. We also use the later style stronger propshaft, so that is why the thrust washer is difference. All the other prop hardware and the prop will work.

The unit has the seals installed

Tech Support

Comment

Twin 205 hp 4.3 v6s, 21/19 upper ratio. WOT of about 4400 with 15x17 wheels.
      With the higher ratio difference how much will my rpms be off between the 2 for an equal prop shaft speed?

Comment

The difference should be 72 rpm. 2400 prop rpm at 1.83 equals 4392 engine rpm. 2400 prop rpm at 1.86 equals 4464 engine rpm.

Tech Support

Comment

That should be simple enough to compensate for. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Got my drive today, cant argue the time. Orderered last thursday afternoon and dropped off at my shop today the following thursday 2000+ miles away.

So far for a situation of a complicated part basically abanded in life almost 2 decades ago im impressed with the repop. Top and bottom and anodes bolted together as easy as the originals. I spent more time taking pictures and drinking beer this afternoon then i actually did bolting it together. The coating process could still use some attention though as i can see future problems with it after a light tap here and there on the work stand. If i was concerned about looks id have the outside stripped and powdercoated.

Comment

Working...
            X