knocking noise when turning left or right on my se 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knocking noise when turning left or right on my se 106

I sent my 106 in last year for a warranty on a bearing failure, two years old. Before I sent it in it did not make a noise other than the bad bearing after i got it back from SEI it makes clunking noise when I turn hard left or hard right please help me Im very frustrated!!

I'm sorry your having an issue. How long after you got the drive back did the noise start?
    Typically that noise is from the gimbal bearing, or the u-joints. A common cause of that is a bad u-joint bellows, which allows water to get into the gimbal bearing and u-joints. I would pull the drive off and inspect the u-joints and gimbal bearing. If the gimbal bearing has any bumps when you rotate it, change it. The u-joints should be tight, with no side to side or in and out play.

Tech Support

Comment

It was right away, My gimbal bearing is brand new and have it off right now and there is no water or leakage.

Comment

I guess i should clear that up I have my out drive off right now.

Comment

Did you put the new gimbal bearing and the noise started after that? If the gimbal bearing is not seated all the way, it can cause a knocking sound. Please double check that. It should be recessed into the bore that it goes into, so if it looks flush with the bore, it is not in all the way.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X