Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lower unit for my cobra (SE109), where does this go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower unit for my cobra (SE109), where does this go?

I'm hoping this is the right section, doesnt say it is but cobra and johnson/evinrude were all the same stuff from what i remember.

I bought a Cobra lower unit replacement (SE109)
    http://www.sterndrive.cc/product/Fit...a-0985586.html

I bolted everything together and have it back on the boat. in the box there was this piece

i never saw one on my old unit, I called SEI and talked to a tech and he was saying it goes in the front under a rubber cap?? i don't see where it goes or what he is talking about does someone have a picture or something.

the original one doesn't have it, and there was nothing in the box telling me where to put it. what will happen if i don't install it?

i still have to figure out the shifting engagement issue. in reverse the prop is locked when turning it by hand. in forward the prop only locks when spinning it in the reverse direction and free spins in forward. this doesn't seem right.... i think it should be locked in both directions when not in Neutral

It is for a speedo pickup. The hole is located at the front of the unit just above the cavitation plate. It is not under a rubber plug, there is just a hole that you stick that part into.

Regarding the shifting, you need to do a shift adjustment. It sounds like the adjustment is favoring reverse and needs to be more towards forward. The cobras were always finicky with the shift adjustment, so do it by the book.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X