Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SEI Experience (SE109)

Here is my experience with SEI
    Before I ordered my lower unit (SE109) that replaces my OMC Cobra for a GM5.7L, I called SEI and talked with the techs and other people there about the warranty stuff. The staff is extremely friendly, very knowledgeable. I was going to attempt to rebuild my cobra lower, but SEI doesn't offer a kit for a clockwise rotation cobra. One of the tech was willing to put together a kit for me. however after getting the drive open and the amount of damage it was not worth it (pinion nut is rounded off and chewed up).

I ordered a SE109 lower unit and some other parts, it was processed and shipped fast (4-5 days from FL to AZ). Part of the shipping was kinda a pain in the butt. If you are not there to sign it stays on the truck and its not the normal truck, I would recommend doing a ship to store location or somewhere where you know there will be a person that can sign. I couldn't do the door tag to have them leave it at the door. I had to call FedEx and do a hold at location so i could pick it up. Took an extra 24 hours, but no big deal it sat in my house for 2 more days before it got bolted the the upper unit.

the unit was very well packed, the quality is very nice.

I think the website could use some tweaks.
    my OEM unit had non magnetic drain/ vent plugs, this unit has them but it is not mentioned. I bought a set to put in but it was not needed.
    under the "suggested product(s)" add the "tube guide" & seals, maybe a kit?
    when searching for those parts they only show up under upper replacement parts, IMO is should be under both.

I ordered a Anode kit because I need a front one as well, I just tossed aside the on the goes into the exhaust path on the prop shaft bearing carrier. A kit with just those 2 would be nice(98-109-71 + 98-306-01)

under the same area it would be nice to see a transom kit (95-109-01A + 95-109-01C + (2x)9F-109-52) there is no point putting the stern drive back on the boat without replacing all of these

oil pump and (2x) 1 qt kit( 88-102-01K): it say what it doesn't work with (Yamaha) but doesn't say which unit it does work with, you have to assume it works and wait till is shows up.

Over all I would recommend this to a friend or anyone looking for replacement parts for their boat. I know I will still continue to shop from SEI
Working...
X