Throttle wont move out of Forward after installing SE 218

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle wont move out of Forward after installing SE 218

I was having issues getting the gears to lineup while trying to install the new SE 218 that I had ordered. I had seen online in another search that I did, where they had recommended that I shift the throttle into Forward, so I tried that but it did not help.

After some tinkering we were able to get the SE 218 gears to line up, and I was able to dry fit it, however I am still not able to shift the throttle out of Forward. It will not go into Neutral or Reverse. Please Help!

Another thing worth mentioning is that I have taken the lower unit back out and tried to shift out of Forward, however it wont, whether I have the lower unit installed or out.

Any guidance you can provide to help me figure out why the shifting will now work is greatly appreciated.

Sorry I meant to say:

Any guidance you can provide to help me figure out why the shifting will "NOT" work is greatly appreciated.

Comment

It's a little hard to talk about this in a forum post, so you may want to call tech-support at 813–9 25–7127 tomorrow so we can walk you through it. My best guess is that you actually have it in reverse and then you're putting it on your boat when the boats in forward and that makes it so it cannot move. If you remove the lower unit and then turn the shift shaft clockwise all the way while turning the prop shaft counter clockwise that will put the lower unit in reverse if it's a counter rotation. Then make sure and put your shifter in reverse. All Of this applies if you truly had a counter rotation to begin with.

Tech support

Comment

Working...
      X