Se 2 lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Se 2 lower unit

Couldn't have asked for a better experience with my unit. Outstanding support, shipping and excellent warranty

Just took my boat in with oil leaking from lower unit. 4 year old SEI product. One year out of warranty. I properly broke in lower unit, changed oil at prescribed intervals. I was very happy with the price and the warranty. My mechanic pressure tested lower unit and found pinholes in gear case casting at upper fill port and in lower gear case housing. Boat has been run only in fresh water. Maybe have run 100 hours on the lower unit. Even though it is out of warrranty, 4 years is unacceptable. Lower unit that was replaced was original and 17 years old. Would think the SEI unit would last longer than 4 years. Still waiting to see if SEI will do anything to help remedy. Will know soon. I hope this is some kind of anomaly and they will stand behind their product. Good luck. Hope yours lasts longer than 4 years.

Comment

I'm sorry your having an issue with the product. My understanding is the warranty department is waiting for some pictures of the issue and then we will go from there.

Thanks,

Tech Support

Comment

I am hopeful warranty department will come through. Thank you.

Comment

I was informed today that SEI stepped up, and in good faith replaced gear case, bearings, and seals and is shipping the lower unit back to my mechanic today. This is great news and I applaud SEI for their consideration and decision. In these times it is nice to know there are still companies out there that stand behind their products. Thank You SEI!

Comment

Working...
          X