Thread: SE 116 Outdrive Installation with OMC Cobra Conversion Kit Problem

Default SE 116 Outdrive Installation with OMC Cobra Conversion Kit Problem

I purchased the "Replacement Mercruiser Gen II Sterndrive Unit, Complete Upper & Lower Assembly, SE116, 1.47 Ratio" and the "OMC Cobra Conversion Kit, Adapter, Works w/ SE116 Replacement Sterndrive, 9D-116" on February 27, 2018 to replace the OCM Cobra Outdrive on my 1991 Donzi F23 boat. I started the process of replacing the OCM Outdrive with the SE 116 outdrive this week. I have installed the conversion kit bell housing per the directions provided. I assembled the SE116 upper / lower outdrive components per the instructions provided and am now trying to install the outdrive on the boat using the new bell housing and have run into a problem. The outdrive outer shroud will only slide into the the bell housing about 1/2" before stopping. I have tried repeatedly to remove the outdrive and reinstall it while adjusting the rack used to align the outdrive with the bell housing to overcome this problem and I have not been successful. I have not tried to force installing the outdrive for fear of damaging the bell housing and / or the outdrive.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Good Morning,

It sounds like this is something that should be discussed over the phone.

Please give us a call at (813) 925-7127 and ask for SEI Tech Support and we will assist you in installing this drive correctly.

Thank You,

Tech Support
    (813) 925-7127