Thread: oil discharge

Default oil discharge

I'm going through break in on my new drive, initially limiting rpms to 1500 for the first couple of hours. I've noticed that there is an oily discharge coming out of my heat exchanger port which is fed by the outdrive pump. (I have an engine driven pump for the engine that exits through the manifolds) My first drive developed this problem before dumping all the lube and shearing the teeth off the upper unit. It could be tilt ram leakage, but I just want to make sure that I don't have the same issue. What would you recommend?

I would recommend Pressure testing the drive if that looks good then oil shouldn't be coming from the drive.