Gear ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear ratio?

I have a serial # of 0D310340 on a plate on outdrive, but has no plate that shows gear ratio. Does anyone know what gear ratio is? I have another outdrive with serial # on a plate and another plate that says 1:81 for gear ratio.
    Last edited by crappieking23; 07-21-2020, 05:43 PM.

Hello. The serial number just tells which drive it is, Alpha One Gen 1. It does not give the gear ratio. The easiest way to tell is to take off the top cover on the upper and count the teeth on the gears. We can then tell what the gear ratio is.
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will check the teeth. The other outdrive I have has a serial # of 0M490785, is it a Alpha One Gen 2? Can you use parts off of Gen 1 on a Gen 2 if gear ratio the same?

Comment

The parts are not interchangeable from a Gen 1 to a Gen 2 or visa versa. Serial number 0M490785 is a Gen 2 Alpha drive.
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X