SE 116 Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE 116 Propeller

:) I recently purchased a 1999 Monterey Deck Boat with a Mercruiser 5.7 L EFI engine and an SE 116 sterndrive. I can't see a plate with any ratio information but there is a plate just above the sterndrive with the merc serial number OL530030. Weight of the boat is 4200 lbs and the motor is approximately 1000 lbs. We should never have over 1000 lbs in passengers and cargo. Today I called our local Monterey dealer and got sidelined. I need a propeller that will give good handling and performance. Do you have any suggestions? The manager of the shop where I purchased the boat said the prop should be 14.25 " diameter and 21 pitch. I can't tell whether it is RH or LH turn. Need expert help.

Mercury Marine has a pretty good prop calculator on their website. You could also contact Monterey directly as they may be more willing to help. They should know what it was set up with originally.

If you get no where with those options, then you need to just find a prop to put on and see where you end up with the rpms and adjust from there.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X