good experience, however!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good experience, however!!!

the upper drive that i ordered arrived earlier than had been stated. in fact about a week early. It was only three day after i ordered it. Everthing went fine assembling the drive. Had it ready to install in a short time. So far so good right. Now the however. when i tried to install it came within 3/4 of an inch of being on but would not go any farther. I kept trying to see what the proplem was by checking everthing out over and over again, finally notice that the cable slide was trying to move it out of forward gear every time i tried to push it on past this point. after some measuring found out that the cable slide was to wide to fit into the passage provided in the housing. So after removing about 3/32 ml off of one side of the cable slide. (tapering to the front.) Everything fit fine. Boat is now up and running. The cable slide has plenty of excess so removing this little bit did not matter at all. This is a 1989 Raven 140 hp alpha 1 drive. I had called the tech dept. but they had not come across this problem before. But were really concerned that we find a solution and I did find a simple one. it would be a lot less trouble if this little problem was checked out before you are holding the drive up to the boat. Nice people to deal with and nice product. thanks Don dunthat b4
Working...
X