Water coming out by shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water coming out by shifter

I just got my drive installed and i hooked it up to the muffs and I was running it checking it out, I noticed water coming out near the speedo cable and shifter "joint" on the back side, is that normal? I can't remember water coming out of there before. Another question is about the drive noise I know I just started it for the first time but it seems very whinny when it is in the trailer position in neutral its really loud as you lower it down it gets a little bit quieter. Just want to make sure these things are normal before I put my family in it today and sink.

addition

its a small stream an its cool to the touch, its not exhaust water

Comment

There really shouldn't be any water coming out of there. If it was a small amount I would'nt be too concerned. It is possible that when running on the muffs you are putting more pressure into the pump and some of it is leaking out the top of the water pump. If it seems an excessive amount I would double check the water pipe connections where the two drives are bolted together. Possibly an o-ring got damaged during installation.

Tech Support
      Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
      X