New se106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New se106

Well, Ordered my new drives Friday. Tracking number stated they will be here Monday. Looking forward to install, Old drives work great Just that the casing cracked from corrosion. Hope Stern drive engineering is as good as there advertisment.

Running logg of drives.

Well as stated above order 2 drives SE106 upper and lower. Very quick shipping. Installed and took for a test drive. So far everything working well. Drives had a little gear whinning. But not bad enough to say there is something wrong. Probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't read about gear whinning in other post. No paint peel which was a plus. All went together just fine. Putting in to gear foward and reverse sound good and worked good. Next time out I'll fill you in. Oh ya, email tech support and they responded quickly with a answer to my question.

Comment

Trip #2

Well, went out for the second time. Everything worked great, still keeping it under 3500 rpm Only about 3 hours on units. The Port Drive still has the gear wine. Trying to break in before calling support. Checked oil had No water and level A-OK. Gotta break-in before my Keys trip. Tropical storm gonna be here tonight and tomorrow, so much for boating this weekend.

Comment

trip 3

Well, everthing is still going good (knock on wood) still have the gear whinning Port motor, Have 5 hours on both drives and the gear whinning seems a little better, 4th of July hope to put on another 3 or 4 hours. Keys Trip in 2 weeks, figure about 50 hours that week. Wish me luck

Comment

Trip #4

Well, thought I was going to get about 6 hours today (4th of July) But sunny Florida wasn't so sunny. Ended up Getting out about 7:30 to go watch the fire works on the water, rain all around us but got luck, No Rain. Anyway, Put another 2 hours on the drives, Everything is still going fine, the gear whine sound's like it is getting better. So far, so GOOD.

Comment

Trip #5,6,7,8,9,10,11

Well just got back from the Florida Keys trip. All went well. Gear whin starting to get quiet, but noticed the knock sound when turning from left to right at hard turns. I put on about 8 hours which gives me about 19 hours now. still happy and so far seem well worth the money.

Comment

How good is this company!!!!!!

On trip 11 in the keys I didn't mention that the hotel we stayed at had deep water until about 200yrds offshore. For the whole week I stayed up on plane so that we wouldn't bottom out. Well on the last day we came in hot and the tide was extra low because the full moon. Yes, we ran a ground. Broke off about 3 inches of the skeg and bent a SS prop. Well today I went to remove the prop and I find out that I bent the Prop shaft. For those who want to know about how good STERN DRIVE ENGINEERING is, Here is how good. I Talked to Kevin in the warrenty deptartment, I explained what happened. He said I needed to get him the serial number to start a claim and that he would get me out another lower unit ASAP. Now you talk about standing behind your product and word. WAY TO GO STERN DRIVE!!!!!!!

Comment

Warranty as stated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, as most of you have read my post you should know by now what I did in the FL KEYS. Well, Monday Aug. 6th I called and got a warranty claim started. well, yesterday Aug 9th the NEW Unit showed up. It is installed as of today and it looks like I'll be Boating this weekend. THANK YOU SEI for such a great PRODUCT/COMPANY. Joe C.-Port Orange, FL

Comment

Still going strong

Been on several more trips and still going strong, Paint is another topic!!!! Both drives started to chip paint, SEI you guys really need to work on that. But other then that love the drives!!!!!

Comment

One Year Later.

Almost a year Later and Drives are still going strong. As stated in last post, The Paint not so good, But who cares about paint when your 50 miles offshore. Another summer upon us and I'll keep posting.

Comment

Thanks for play by play

I need a stern drive and I did not want to pay $3,800. I came upon these guys today and it is almost too good to be true but I think I will make the plunge very soon. I am up in the Northeast so boating season is still almost 2 months away or so. Again, thanks for building up my confidence about SEi. Paint peeling is the least of my worries.

Comment

Long time since I posted.

Well I think it's been over a year since I Post how the drives are doing. Well, I can sum it up in one word "GREAT". I have put some 4 to 5 hundred hours on the drives now and still going strong. As i stated in one of the above post, Paint still an issue but hasn't gotten any worse. If you are thinking about getting this unit I'll say this-I'm happy

Comment

Working...
                        X