New Drive Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drive Rotation

I tried installing my new drive last night(upper and lower). I ran into a problem when it came time to test the shift lever. It seems my new drive's shift shoe rotates clockwise, but my old Alpha rotates counter clockwise. Did i get the wrong replacement drive? Also when i rotated my engine - standard rotation - with the drive in forward the prop spun backwards.

Did i get the wrong drive? Someone told me to swap the shift lever around and it should work. What about the rotation of the drive itself??

Do you have a twin engine boat? If it is a single engine boat, then it should be the correct rotation. Is it possible you have the alignment incorrect on the brass shift shoe?
    If it is a dual engine boat, and you did indeed have a counter rotating unit (some twin installations used two standard rotation drives) then you can change the throw on the remote control to make it work, and also change the prop.
    If you have any more questions feel free to call me at 727-461-0811
    Thanks,
    Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

it is just a single motor boat. I'm hoping i just installed the shoe wrong. I'll check again tonight.

"change the throw on the remote control to make it work" - there is a bracket on the exhaust riser that the cables connec to. One comes from the lever from the cockpit and another that runs to the drive. Are you saying i can reverse the cables to make it work?

Comment

If it is a single engine boat, then the throw of the shifter would not be the problem. I have never seen a counter rotating drive installed on a single engine boat. I would guess the problem is with the shift shoe alignment.
        Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X