Very Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Happy

I puchased a complete upper and lower alpha drive from SEI and so far it is great. The unit took a little longer to arrive than I planned but it was still delivered in Michigan in less than two weeks. To get my old unit repaired they were looking at 3 weeks and $1000 to rebuild.

The assemble of the two halfs was easy, however I have changed several impellers and have taken many sterndrives off and on. If somebody has not done this before than they may want to find someone who has to show them how.

The two halfs were packaged in well designed shipping containers and well protected.

I ran the boat first at a local lake for three and half hours never going over 3200 RPM nore under 1200 RPM except to shift the unit. Then I took the boat to its final location put on two more hours and started fishing. We troll between 850 and 1200 RPM. The first rip we trolled for only 45 minits then ran for 8 miles. We then opnly trolled for 1.5 hours before running again. The rest of the weekend we ran and trolled but never more than 2.5 hours.

I changed the gear lube at 19 hours and it was dirty. There was many fine particles on the magnent but no large chunks. This is to be expected but it is important to change out this lube after break in.

The unit shifts much smoother than the original and it is top quality so far.

Dan
    Reelworld
Working...
X