My SE106 lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SE106 lower unit

Help. Purchased a lower and upper unit through a local Marine store on Ebay which supplies your product. have broken units in acording to instructions. This weekend at 18 hours of use on new units, while out and about, motor over reved sudinly and I shut her down. Restarted firn but when i put in gear either reverse or foward motor stalls. While on trailer, motor starts, but when placed in gear nothing, motor runs but no prop spin. with motor off and in nutrel, spining prop by hand feels as there is something binding, placed in foward, clicks one direction engages in other as it shoiuld, when placed in reverse, nothing just feels like its binding. Drained some fluid and it is burnt. Black as night and stinks.

Typically if the engine will start but not go into gear that means something is going on in the lower unit. You can also pull the top cover and check the upper gears. If it is still under warranty you can give us a call and we will get you set up with a return number.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Thanks

All set up with SE unit on its way to you Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X