255 Amberjack steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 255 Amberjack steering

I have a 1984 model Sea Ray with twin , updated 190"s. The problem is running off shore it is a constant battle to hold on course, I have fished other boats thats this wasn't as big a problem as mine is , would a counter rotating lower unit stop or make it wander less?????????

I would first check the gimbals to make sure they are not worn out. Try to swivel the drives while the boat is on land and see if there is alot of slop. Usually the gimbal ring wears at the upper swivel pin location and causes the problem you are having.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

255 Amberjack steering

Both gimbals seem to be tight, I have replaced the shift cables within the last 8 months and there was no slack.

Comment

If you do not have play in your steering, a counter rotating drive on the port side will help with tracking at lower speeds.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X