Thread: SE121 Bravo Lower Mods

Default SE121 Bravo Lower Mods

You show on the website that the new SE121 Bravo lowers can be modified to fit the early Bravos. What sort of mods are required?

Thanks, Ken

Default eastcoastmarine

all you have to do is plug the oil hole

what is involved in plugging the oil passage? with what and where?

The oil passage in the waterway has to be plugged on early models that do not have the passage in the upper. It is best to drill and tap the hole and install a set screw with sealant. Make sure to place the screw flush or slightly below the surface.

Tech Support

thanks for the quick reply..........

unique situation here in that my boat is newer, 1997 but unsure of outdrive age, know that it is older than the boat.

Before putting on the 122 to my Bravo upper how can I verify if I need to block the oil passage or not?

The easiest way is to simply compare our unit to your original. Check for the oil passage hole in the water passage.

Tech Support