Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right lower Unit?

Hello,

I am looking to buy a new lower unit for my boat and want to make sure I am purchasing the right one. I have a 2005 Bayliner 175 with a 3.0 mercruiser I/O. The upper unit says Alpha one and the lower unit has a sticker that says Alpha 2 2.0 ratio. Can you please let me know the right lower unit to purchase? Thank you.

You would need our 90-116-02H lower unit.

Tech Support

Comment

Additional parts?

Can you tell me what additional parts I need to replace the lower unit? I am going to buy the 90-116-02H for my boat. Also, is this something I can do, and does the unit come with instructions? Thank you.

Comment

You might need to purchase longer bolts to mate the upper and lower together, some standard Mercury bolts don't reach the nylock portion of the nuts when used on our lower. You can purchase an installation kit (#90-116-03K) from us or just pick up some longer bolts at a hardware store. The lower unit does not come with instructions for assembly. You can view the procedure under Technical > Technical Guides > SE106 assembly. The 116 assembly differs slightly as you have no intermediate shift shaft and you do not need to keep the units separated to install the nuts.

Tech Support

Comment

Confirmation of Correct Drive

Yes, I'm a new member and like others not very knowledgable about outdrivres. I need to purchase a new "lower unit" for my outdrive and want to ensure I purchase the correct one.
          I have a 1978, 21', Mirror Marine cruiser. The boat was originally equipped with a 305 engine and has been upgraded to a 350, utilizing the original mercury marine outdrive.

The only ID I can find is:
          Mercury Marine
          7712468??
          S 1 (note the 1 is boxed in)
          The unit has hoist lift point on the top of the outdrive gear cap if that helps.
          I have been told that it is a "R" model but would like varification.

Thanks
          Wayne E.

Comment

Your drive should be the MC-1 drive. This was pre-Alpha, but is interchangeable with Alpha One Gen One. You would need to purchase our
            90-106-02 Alpha One Gen One lower unit.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks, I'll order tomorrow, Is there any additional parts required to complete the job, other than lube. Lower unit installation only.
              Wayne E.

Comment

The lower unit comes complete with water pump. You will only need the old hardware from your present lower unit for assembly.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                X