Trim Question !!! HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Question !!! HELP

I have a BRAVO 1 Sterndrive. The down trim switch works fine, the trailer up switch works fine but the trim up switch doesn't work. I have verified there is power from the up trim switch back at the connector that goes to the trim limited switch. With the connector disconnected for the limit switches by the trim pump I checked continuity between the connectors and have got nothing. I think the limit switches are bad. Is there another test I should perform? If the switch at the stern drive is bad Is it true that the stern drive has to be removed ? Or is there some secert way to remove the switch wiring harness and install new switches and harness?

HELP !!!!

trim

The problem is removing the wire harness from the transom. You MAY be able to disassemble it and clean it.Splicing the wires is not the very best option. Or use the trailer option carefully

Comment

The Trim limit switch and Trim indicator are sealed pieces only available in a kit. Most people will replace them when they are doing a bellows job as you have to tear down the transom assembly. It is an expensive job to just replace the switch.

I have seen people splice the wires with limited success. I would recommend just using the trailer switch as BT doctur said, until such time as you are replacing your bellows.

Tech Support
      Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
      X