Any Interest or Plans From SEI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Interest or Plans From SEI

To make a shorty lower (example: 2" shorter) for the Alpha drives ?

There is quite a large amt of people with small 'speed boats' that are in need and want of shorter lowers. Many raise the drive and engine, however, with the cost and labor involved, many more do not.

Small speed boats typically have low x dimensions because of the lack of room for a more raised engine/outdrive.

Surely, with your manufacturing expertise and cost conciousness, you'd be the one's to be able to pull this off.

What do you think - a possibility ?

I would definatly be interested in an Alpha SS copy.

Comment

At this time we have no plans on coming out with a shortened lower for the I/O drives. Currently our efforts are directed at the release of our line of outboard lower units.

Tech Support

Comment

I would also be interested in a shorty lower for the Alpha or an SS copy complete drive. I'd buy one tomorrow if available.

Comment

I would also be very interested. I think there is more interest than one would realize!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Support View Post
            At this time we have no plans on coming out with a shortened lower for the I/O drives. Currently our efforts are directed at the release of our line of outboard lower units.

Tech Support
            the alpha ss and the performance shorty outboard lower are basically the same unit,could kill 2 birds with one stone..

Comment

I'd be very interested in a shorty lower for my Alpha drive on my Donzi. Used Alpha SS drives on the donzi.net forum's for sale section are sold pretty much the same day they are posted. There are a lot of small performance boat owners with Alpha drives that would be welcome buying a shorty Alpha and avoid the added expense of buying a Bravo, Imco shorty lower, and a transom assembly.

- Jeff

Comment

I am also interested in a shorty Alpha. A shorty Bravo lower would also pull some huge interest.

Seems that a shorty would be better to offer than outboard lower units. No one seems to work on the old outboard engines anymore, around here anyway. At least I/O's are basically regular engines so it is easy to find parts and mechanics.

Comment

A shorty Alpha is really in demand on all performance boat sites. If SE would manufacture a shorty, would of bought one yesterday.

Comment

I would buy one !!!

Count me in if you come up with an alpha shorty.
                    ( gen 1 )

PAL

Comment

fyi - I would but one in a heartbeat

And I know of 3 or 4 others that would also

Thanks

Comment

I would be interested in one as well.

Comment

I just wanted to take this to the top... been bouncing around various forums and there is a LOT of interest for this

Comment

yup...
                            they would definately pick up a lot of sales from an SS style Alpha

Comment

I also had a pair of Alpha SS drives on my first boat that performed very well for me. And they looked great with their integrated nosecones :)

I hear it's quite hard to get parts for them now though since they're so old.

This would be a nice offering to bring back what was a nice offering from Mercruiser in the past that I don't see in their current lineup.
                              Island

Comment

Working...
                              X