Can't mount new SE Unit ! Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't mount new SE Unit ! Help !

So I have spent countless hours trying to mount the new SE unit. I have wasted close to a month of not putting the boat in the water. This is what I have done so far.

Slid the old unit off, it is a 1990 Merc 350, 1.47 ratio. (slid out no problem)
    Assembled the new SE unit, greased everything, and no go, it will not go in (yes, unit is in forward gear, shifter fork is aligned with fork guide, everything is aligned properly. Unit goes on 90% of the way, and jams. So, I read that maybe my engine and gimbal bearing etc are not aligned. So, took it to a very reputable Mercruiser dealer, and we aligned it perfectly, with the alignment tool, and also slid another actual Mercruiser complete unit on the transom, and slid right on.....no problem.
    Now, tried to slide the SE unit on (still at the dealer) and no go, slides on 90% and feels like it gets jammed. Nothing visual can be seen that seems to be interfering with the unit going on. So, took the O-rings off the shaft, and still same jamming effect.

Need help !!! An actual Mercruiser complete unit slides on perrfectly, and the SE unit does not. Makes no sense to me.

It sounds like you have done everything I would recommend trying. It is probably time to call the warranty department at 813-925-7127

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Great. Will do.

Comment

Working...
      X