oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak

I replaced the water pump impeller and now there is drive oil leaking out of the exhaust passage behind the prop.The drive did not have any leaks until I serviced it.I have taken it back apart twice and replaced the seal that seals the oil passage between the two case halves but this has not made any difference.I tried to pressure test it but air leaks out of the exhaust passage immediately as soon as I put any pressure in it.What am I overlooking here (what did I screw up)?

It sounds like either the seal for the water pump base or the seal for the driveshaft as those should be the only two seals affected by impeller servicing. You can pressure check the lower by itself and spray soapy water around the water pump base to see if that is where the leak is. If the leak is not there it most probably is the seal in the upper for the driveshaft.

Tech Support

Comment

It was the seal in the upper drive housing that was leaking.I will have to be more careful next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Same issue

Originally posted by sbarnes View Post
        It was the seal in the upper drive housing that was leaking.I will have to be more careful next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        What is the part # for the seal in the upper driver housing? Need to see a diagram to figure it out. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X