300 series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 series

I have a 1995 130hp v-4 Evinrude E130TLEOA outboard in the shop in need of lower unit work. Will the SE306 work? OMC complete gearcase part number is 435740 or 5005744. It has the OMC part number 435123 gears in it.

Thanks,
    Phil

Currently we are only offering replacement lower units for V6 Johnson/Evinrude. Our 306 will not work for the V4.

Tech Support

Comment

Hold on a minute

I have a 1995 Johnson 130 HP V4 and my engine uses the V6 gearcase. I am thinking it should work.

Comment

The gear ratio is different, so if you were to use ours, your RPM's would be way too low and would eventually cause engine damage.

Comment

Thats good information to know. Thanks for that. Will you be making one for this application with the correct gear ratio?

Comment

Yes, we are making those gears in our next phase, which should be available this fall.

Comment

Just found my reference material

The original poster had a 130 TL model which uses a 13:26 gear ratio and I believe is the smaller gearcase, and holds 26 oz. of oil.

My model is the 130 TX which uses 12:27 gear ratio, and is the larger gearcase and holds 33 oz. of oil. This is the same gearcase and ratio used on the 150 and 175 HP V6.

So, you stated it wouldn't fit mine because of the gear ratio being different. What is the gear ratio of the one you currently make?

Comment

Your ratio is a 2.25 to 1, ours is 1.86 to 1. The original poster has a 2.00 to 1.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                X