Thread: 121 lower

Default 121 lower

just bought a New 121 lower from you should get it this Wednesday. I am replacing a 1990 Bravo one, and i will need to plug the oil passage hole in my new lower, can i use JB weld to seal the hole?

Yes, JB weld should work. The preferred method would be to tap it and use a set screw though.

Tech Support

Default 121 lower

what size of a tap and set screw do I need? I want to have it on hand before my lower unit arrives. I have already spent too much time off the water as it is, excited to go out again.

Thanks

I am not sure. If you have a tap and die set, you can just measure the hole and use the chart that came with the kit.

Tech Support

I have some better information for you. If you just use a 1/4-20 or 1/4-28 tap, it should work fine. Then just use a set screw, making sure to be flush or recessed with the top of the case. Also put some silicone on the threads to make sure and seal everything.

Tech Support