Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

my brother picked up a 1975 18 ft Starcraft Holiday cheap as the guy did not know what was wrong with it he said that he was on the lake and then it just stop and he could not get it started again it has a omc 140hp model # 982740 i opended up the gear box for the tilt nothing but water and sand came out i cleaned it all and put it all back in and the tilt still not working its like its sliping any one know were i could get a diagram for it as well as any one know y it wont start i try and all i get is click click please help i want it out of my yard :)

omc info

http://www.sterndrive.info/id12.html

Comment

thanks for the link any clue on why it will not start?

Comment

Depending on how solid the click is, the engine might have locked up, or the starter is bad, or the solenoid is bad. You just have to trace the wires to see where power is stopping if it is a solenoid. You might want to get a manual if you are unfamiliar with the wiring. You can also try to turn the engine with a wrench on the crank bolt and see if it turns over.

Tech Support.

Comment

well i got it turning over now but have not tryed to start it as is seams like its turning over slow i have never worked on something like this before but i dont think it should turn over this slow is turn over the same speed as a car would right. whats the oil to use as well i have drained all the old stuff that was in it and it really did not look that good (dont think the guy ever changed it ) what would be the best size of batt to go with this boat i was thinking of something big like 1000 cranking volts is this to much or it be ok?

Comment

I don't think you can have too much power but 1000 CCA is way more than you need for that engine -- half that should be fine.
            Island

Comment

ok i got the boat running but had to trun it off because i have no water running in to it is there something i can by to have the water run in to it..

Comment

If it was running for more than 10 seconds, you need a new water pump impeller too. "ear muffs" slip over the water inlet holes in the drive.
                You never run a drive without water supplied.

Comment

Five Hundred Times

In the traffic court of a large mid-western city, a young lady was brought before the judge to answer a ticket given her for driving through a red light. She explained to his honor that she was a school teacher and requested an immediate disposal of her case in order that she might hasten on to her classes. A wild gleam came into the judge's eye. "You are a school teacher, eh?" said he. "Madam, I shall realize my lifelong ambition. Sit down at that table and write 'I went through a red light' five hundred times." Genius only means hard-working all one's life .( Mendeleyer , Russian Chemist)

More Games,joke,Warhammer Online Power Leveling and famous. Click AOC Gold You will get more.

Comment

Working...
                  X