tie bar saddle dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tie bar saddle dimension

When fitting an external tiebar, what's the dimension of the tie bar saddle (that connects where the trim rams connect) for a gen II alpha?

I just realized that I'll need new saddles to make my existing tiebar from my gen I drives fit the new SE116s and want to start looking asap.

Or maybe more to the point, anyone have a good source for alpha gen II tiebar saddles?
    Island

Is there a dimensioned drawing of the Alpha Gen II anywhere?
    Island

Comment

It looks like this company makes what you are looking for: http://www.lathammarine.com/full-ste...semblies.htm#1

Specifically the part number is: KTBR-8581 ALPHA GENERATION II® ASSEMBLY W/STD. CLEVIS

As far as the dimensions of the Gen II, we don't have a drawing online, if you tell me what dimension you are looking for I can go measure some, although I believe you should be getting yours anyday now.

There isn't much extra room on those Gen II style trim pins, so I am not sure how it is going to fit.

Are you running fast enough that you need the tie-bar?

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks Tech Support -

Are you running fast enough that you need the tie-bar?
        Probably not necessary at 60 mph, but my boats have always had one so it would feel weird not to have one for me.

As far as the dimensions of the Gen II, we don't have a drawing online, if you tell me what dimension you are looking for I can go measure some, although I believe you should be getting yours anyday now.
        Mine should arrive midday Monday (thanks!) so if it's not super-easy, then I'll just wait until then and measure for myself.

My existing tiebars mounted like this (one on alpha SS drives and this one on alpha one gen drives one before my SE116 and new transom assembly upgrade this week)

That's the dimension I was looking for on the SE116.

(and you can see in the photo what I spent the day sanding off the transom today too - about 15 years of bottom paint, ugh!)

I guess with the SE116 I'd need a new anchor shaft too if there isn't clearance to do this with the stock anchor shaft like there was with the GenI.

The lathom tiebars are nice, but their alpha gen II tiebar is $1320 and uses plates that bolt to the top of the drive rather than a saddle at all. It's a nice tiebar, but that seems pretty expensive for my speed range with this boat.

IMCO is more in my pricerange http://imcomarine.com/ca_store/index...497e44f5fef953

But I'm also wondering about having new saddles fabricated since I already have the tiebar/clevis/etc. assembly from my Gen I setup.
        Island

Comment

Working...
        X