Sei 416

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sei 416

After a little delay (backordered) received my lower unit Thurs. before the long weekend. Perfect. Packaging was outstanding. Keeping the box just in case. Removed old tired, damaged, haggered looking lower unit and installed new fresh one. A little shimy and a shake and it slid right in. Tightened it up, filled it up with oil, dragged the garden hose put on the muffs and fired it up. Forward, reverse, forward, reverse nice and smooth. Got the boys together and slapped it in the lake. No noise just a little shake when you just put it in gear hoping this will smooth out after break in. So far so good. Marine guy here told me $1000 bucks just for the lower gear case and 3-4 hrs labor to swap whatever parts he could use out of mine or $3000 for an oem unit plus 1-2 hours labor. So far my SEI has cost me $823 for unit with the exchange rate, $170 shipping and brokerage fees and $52 in taxes for a grand total of $1095 Cdn. dollars. Plus a three year no fault warranty so if I forget to lift it up again coming up the launch(won't happen)it will all be good. Going to go for one more burn then check the oil. Thanks SEI for letting me keep more green in my jeans!
Working...
X