concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concerns

Things are going ok with the new outdrive so far but I do have a few concerns.

1. The four bolts that hold the fitting for the water tube in the upper housing were quite loose
    2. The threads in the drain plug hole do not look like they were cut properly and it is difficult to install the plug itself. I am very worried that the threads may strip out one day
    3. The outdrive did not pass a vacuum test but did pass a pressure test.
    4. A thrust hub for an older model prop will not slide down the propshaft.

Otherwise, shipping was fast, nice packaging.

Thanks fo the feedback, I will comment on your concerns in order.

1. Please let me know the serial number of the upper unit, so we can check some others from the same builder.

2. The threads usually do look a little funny, but they hold up fine in our testing. You can always run a 3/8-16 threadchaser through it, or even just a bolt.

3. A pressure test should hold 15 psi over 10 minutes. A vacuum test will typically only pull 3-5 lbs. which is fine.

4. There were a couple of diffent prop hubs in the old days. Ours will work with the 85 and newer style. Even if the old style thrustwasher fit, it would not set the prop in the correct spot.

Thank,

Tech Support

Comment

serial numbers

Sorry about the long delay in answering your request for the serial number of the upper housing with the four loose screws which secure the water tube fitting. I wanted to answer the email that you sent to me on this issue but I must have deleted it.

The upper housing was: SEI106 UPPER 1.5 90-106-01D Serial # 60037.

Comment

Working...
      X