My SEI Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SEI Experience

Had a lower unit on my 1989 Mariner 150 go bad. So I was checking around the internet for used gear cases and kept coming up with links/referrals to SEI. Had good reviews on this site and other boat forums. The price was very attractive - a remanufactured Mercury unit can run as high as $2150 - that's what my mechanic quoted. So I ordered an SEI unit on a Thursday - it promptly arrived the following Monday. Have it installed - fit perfectly and looks really good. Will not be able to try it till July 4th weekend because of previous weekend commitments, but really looking forward to it. Will update on the first run....

Follow-up

Ran first time on weekend of 4th of July (2011) with break-in procedure. Probably 5 hours on it. Ran again on Labor Day weekend, again, about another 5 hours - so it should be broke in. Winterized and got out this April 2012 for first fishing trip. Ran fine with no problems. I'm not really horsing it either - I'm pretty gentle. Will have out again this Memorial Day and will push it a little more, but so far so good...

Comment

Hi

We are on our second purchase SEI and could not be happier with the experience. Great economical choice for our customers.

Thank You

Comment

Working...
      X