Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SE306 experience

Greetings All,

This was my first direct experience with SEI. Shipping speed was great. Customer relations, excellent. 3 year warranty, Outstanding. Other companies should take notice.

I am 2 hours into the break in period and will spend all day Monday finishing the remaining 8 hours.

Thanks Guys!

Break-in period

Put 3 more hours on today. Made a long milk run up the Tensaw River. I had planned on putting the remaining 8 hours on, but the fish would not let me. Every stop I made up the river produced fish. I guess I will be putting a few more on tomorrow. Everything is still running great.

Comment

Only two hours today. Again the fish just kept biting. I had to hide the lures to tie them on. I must admit 4,500 RPM felt good. Can someone hold me.

Everything is solid on the lower unit. Only 3 more hours to go. I will touch WOT for a moment next outing.

Comment

Finished the 10 hours today. Man it feels great to be back on the throttle.
        Idle – check
        Shift to forward – check
        Take off – check
        Plane off – check
        Mid range – check
        WOT – double check
        Back down to 4,500 RPM – check
        10 hours – double check

Will change the oil before the next trip.

Now for the action. Man the fishing is phenomenal along the Mobile Tensaw Delta. Topwater bite this morning produced 15 bass and a few speckle trout. Once the sun got up a lipless crankbait was the ticket producing 20 more bass, some crappie, flounder, more speckle trout, white trout, stripers, red fish and black drum. Man I love fall fishing on the Gulf Coast. I left the fish biting. I made a circle milk run around the Delta and the fish are biting in the Rivers, the Creeks and the Bays.

Daddy’s back!

Comment

I have put 6 more hours on above the 10. Everything is great. The entire experience has been great; forgive me if I am not looking forward to that experience again. But if I have any lower unit needs I will only deal with SEI! I have 2 close buddies that are one year into their SEI lower units with no problems.

The fishing is still super here. This little cold front will slow things down a bit but it should bounce back in a few days. Still catching a variety of species. Love the SEI family but hope this is my last post for a while. Thanks!

Comment

Greetings again,

Everything is great. Finished the entire break-in period. Changed the oil a couple times nothing unusual. Now I am re-propping. Going to try to maximize the power. All is right with the world now.

Thanks again SEI!

Comment

That's good to hear. Thanks for the updates.

Tech Support

Comment

Boys and Girls,

The process is complete. I finished the break-in period a week or so ago. I bought a new prop, Mercury Fury. Wow! Somebody hold me... I have it on a HydraSport 196 with a 200 Johnson. I have the 25 P Fury. It has lived up to the hype for me. Holeshot, mid-range acceleration, and top-end are all improved. The boat actually felt freer. Between SEI and Jaco, I am running better than I have in a long time. You have a customer for life…

Comment

number 2

Well, about a week ago my 306 shot gears out the side. Not good. Went through the warranty procedure with SEI and now I am back whole. SEI, was great to work with. Will be starting the break-in process over again. Missed a good week and a half of great fishing. Will keep you posted on the progress.

Comment

Okie dokie, hour 1 down, nine more to go. This will take me a while family time, rainy weather and all. But happy to be whole agian. FYI, the pinion gear froze up in the first unit, nasty sight. Just checked the weather, next week will be perfect, I will spend Monday and Tuesday completing the 10 hour process.

Comment

Yesterday, Christmas eve, I put 2 more hours into the break-in. Got RPM’s up to 3,500, no issues so far. Still lovin’ the Fury prop! Came across a fish hotspot and caught 10 fish in 10 cast on crankbait. The day was a good day!

Comment

Alright, finally finished the first 5 hours and performed the oil change. Back out today and everything went well. Found the bass layer, now you can call me the bass slayer! I “whack-ed-dem”! Four more hours to go, keep your appendages and phalanges crosses.

Comment

Working...
                        X