Warranty department is great!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty department is great!!!!!!

At the beginning of summer, I took the boat out for a shakedown cruise. After about an hour I seemed to have a new noise from the 2+ year old SE116 outdrive. I had a new set of hearing aids, so I wasn’t sure that the noise was new or a noise that the old hearing aids didn’t pick up. The next day, I drained the outdrive oil and found metal on the magnet and the oil seemed to have a burnt smell and it appeared very dark. I flushed the drive and installed new oil, ran it for approximately 30 minutes and drained the oil. Found more metal on the magnet and oil appeared to have very fine, non-magnetic, particles suspended in the oil.

Assuming that I had somehow spun a bearing, I looked at the cost of rebuilding and decided just to order a new lower unit. After placing the order and receiving a notice that the lower unit was shipped, I discovered that I had a three year no-fault warranty on the outdrive.

I called the warranty department the following day and described the failure. They told me to ship it to them and they would look at it. Well, a couple of weeks later I received a phone call from the warranty department. They explained what they had found in detail. We put our heads together in an attempt to find the root cause of the clutch failure, but at no time did I feel that they were attempting to get out of the warranty repair. It is extremely nice to find a company in today’s age, which stands behind their product 100%. Very nice indeed……..
Working...
X