My boating Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boating Experience

I purchased a new boat on e-bay. It was supposed to be a great boat in usable shape 1987 Citation 190XL. Picked it up and went to the lake with my brother, his family and mine. Toghether we had 5 kids looking forward to water sports and boating. On the first run out the new boat overheated and wouldn't get on plane going back. After inspection I found the Alpha 1 outdrive was shot. All the bearings were worn out and the gears were trash. So new boat, 3 kids and one wife wanting to know what I was going to do! ! ! I talked to a few people and found a used outdrive for $1200. I wasn't comfortable paying that for something used on a boat that I wanted to use. Looking further I found a service from Raleigh that sold NEW outdrives to replace the Alpha 1. I ordered it for the price of the used origional. Now MY BOAT IS IN GREAT SHAPE. It runs great and the kids have had a ball with tubing, boarding, and skiing. Thanks Stern Drive Engineering for producing a product that is properly priced for a used boat. It is FANTASTIC ! ! !
Working...
X