Finally got it installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got it installed

Got my new complete unit last week and had a bit of a time getting it installed. It did not want to go in, but finally after several minutes (about 20 or 30) of pushing and wiggling I was able to get on far enough to install a few washers and nuts and use them to draw it in the rest of the way.

I don't know why it was so tight. I've had my old unit off and on several times before with no problems. Also, I noticed the right rub strip on the drive was rubbing the rub strip on the bell housing. So much so that it was stiff to move up and down. I put some grease on it which made it a lot better, but I'm concerned why it was rubbing the right side so much but had plenty of clearance on the left.

In any event, it ran and performed perfectly. I put four hours on it with no problems at all. I did notice what I thought was a different sound, especially at low RPMs, but I think that may be because I was expecting it after reading about it here in the forums. It sounded normal at the higher RPMs.

Nice drive. My only complaint is that the paint seems to chip off rather easily. In fact, I received it with several areas already chipped. Doesn't seem to be quite as durable as the Mercruiser paint, but for about $4K less, I can live with that fact.

Outdrive

I was pleased with the prompt delivery and the price was very good, after I had checked prices with other vendors.

I have only put in an hours time with my new outdrive, but it seems to be working perfectly.

I am now awaiting my T-shirt, size Medium.

Comment

Working...
    X