MY SEI expierence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY SEI expierence

I recently ran my lower unit into some rock, and tore up my Alpha one drive, and the dealer quoted me $3500 for a new one and $2000 for a rebuilt one with NO warranty, But i remembered here about SEI on iboats.com and all the success people had with them, Since my boat is 19 years old i decided to give SEI a try. I ordered the 106 complete drive, and shipping was quick, and everything bolted up nicely.

I only used it of the muffs so far (its been rainly lately) but everything sound and works great...

Hopefully i get to break it in more soon.

Thanks SEI for a affordable way to bring an old boat back to life.
    1990 Wellcraft Eclipse 186
    4.3L Mercruiser

Just an update on my SEI 106...

I have about 14 hours on the drive so far..... broken in per the book... i changed the oil at 10 hours. no water or anything and no huge chunks of metal either, just some small flakes that are normal..... But when changing the oil i didnt put the top vent plug in "square,"... and when i took the boat the the lake, i could smell some oil when people where tubing.... so i raised the drive, and saw the screw not being square..... I took the boat out of the water, (i still had my oil changing tool along. and changed the oil in the parking lot, just to make sure that no water got it the drive... Which i didnt see any....

So i actually have 2 oil changes in 10 hours.....

So just make sure the screws are in all the way...

The drives work perfectly so far, no noise of anything.... I am very happy.
    1990 Wellcraft Eclipse 186
    4.3L Mercruiser

Comment

Working...
    X