trim indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim indicator

I have a 1988 Bayliner Avanti with twin OMC cobra 5.7 chevy engines. I am thinking of ourchasing a piar of the SEI conversion kits but have a few questions.

1. will my trim indicators bolt up to the new drives? If not is there a way to get them to work? (currently work with my OMC drives)

2. Both of my drive rotate the same. I am cocerned with the strength and durability of switching the port drive to counter rotational. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by rost5501; 07-25-2010, 10:57 AM.

Thanks for the interest in the conversion kit. Here are your answers.

1. The trim sender will not work with our conversion kit, however I believe you could make some sort of adjustable L bracket that woud slide on a couple of screws added to the side of the bell housing which would then hit the trimn sender plunger.

2. I agree that a counter rotation is not as strong as a standard, however there are alot of them out there on twin engine boats with 5.7's If you are used to handling the boat with two standards now, and don't have issues docking, then I would be inclined to leave it alone.

Tech Support

Comment

I converted from an OMC Cobra to the SEI 116 and traced the "scallopped" edge of the OMC bell houseing onto a piece of masonite,double stick taped it to the SEI bell and adjusted as needed. I then traced it to a piece of 1/8 inch alum plate. Screwed it to the SEI bell and it worked perfectly. I plan on slotting the holes for adjustability later. Hope this helps. Gizmo

Comment

Tech support and Gizmo,

Can anyone give a little more explanation on this or possibly a photo? I would love to have trim send and limit function but am having a hard time imagining what this l bracket and plunger look like?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
        X