what now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what now ?

I just had my new drives installed, the paint was chiped off in a few spots and there are some scratches near the bolt areas as well .
    So what now ? I use these drives in a salty environment and the boat stays in water from May till October. I understand the importance of correctly antifoul coating is and was told this wont void any warrantees so will be doing so. But there must be a tuff enough coating that should be applied to protect the bare metal from the elements prior to antifouling .I dont think that "rustolium" is the answer. I am a little pissed at the installer and wont go there but sending them back for paint chips is not an option at this point they wont hit the water untill May or June becouse its cold here in NY,"hope the perform and last as long as my Alphas but need to find the right stuff and be able to apply myself.

I would not be too harsh about the quality of today`s paint formula. Even the car formula`s have gone down hill due to the VOC `s. I have used a 1 part spray can epoxy appliance paint years back and had very good results with it. Don`t know if it`s still available but it`s worth checking.

Comment

You will want to use a zinc chromate primer on any bare aluminum spots. It is available in a spray can. Also be sure to rough the whole thing with some sand paper if you are going to repaint it entirely.

Tech support

Comment

Working...
      X