Shift Shaft Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Shaft Alignment

During assembly of my new 106 upper/lower, I notice that I cannot get my shift shaft to point exactly straight forward. It's really close, but not what I would call 'straight' ahead. I tried a couple different positions, but could only get it close. Will it be close enough? I would say that iy is 8 - 10 degrees off from pointing straight ahead when locked in forward.
    Last edited by Racinrc14; 03-27-2010, 09:41 AM.

Is it just past 12:00 if straight ahead is 12:00. In other words is it 12:15? If so, I think it will work fine. The shift system has some degrees of slop in it anyway. I would give it a shot, just make sure that you have it pointing straight ahead when you install it.

Also double check to be sure you have it in forward. To do so, you need to turn the shift shaft clockwise while looking down at it and turn the prop shaft counter clockwise while looking from behind it. When both shafts are turned as far as they will go, it is in full forward.

Tech Support

Comment

If straight ahead is 12:00, then the closest I could get it was, say, 11:15, or just before it reached '12:00'. It was close enough. Got it on today without issue. It actually went on so easy I though I had done something wrong! It pays big to have the alignment spot on when installing the outdrive, it turns out.

Comment

Working...
      X