Trim Cylinder Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Cylinder Problem

Just installed 9B-106-01 & 9B-106-02 on my alpha I gen. I outdrive. The lower connections are hitting against the venttilation plate. I was thinking of grinding off the tips or mounting them with the lines facing up.
    Please advise.
    Photos attached.

My guess would be that your original upper didn't have the cavitation plate. Either way, you could just notch the upper to give it clearance, or try flipping the cylinder over as you mentioned, just be careful that it doesn't hit the other line when trimmed all the way down.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
      The "block" where the line enters is solid correct? I'd only have to remove about .075"

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
        My guess would be that your original upper didn't have the cavitation plate. Either way, you could just notch the upper to give it clearance, or try flipping the cylinder over as you mentioned, just be careful that it doesn't hit the other line when trimmed all the way down.

Tech Support
        Thanks for the quick reply.
        The "block" where the line enters is solid correct? I'd only have to remove about .075"

Comment

Yes, it is solid, so that might work as well.

Tech support

Comment

trim

Thre rams are specific to port and starboard installation, might try reversing them .Ive mounted a few SEI drives and there is no rubbing issue.

Comment

Working...
            X