SE106 assembly and o-rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE106 assembly and o-rings

I'm getting ready to assemble my shiny new SE106. I ordered the complete install kit, and I'm trying to figure out where all those o-rings go. My wife gets really nervous when I have extra parts left over. I see the quad ring is in place. I also figured out which o-ring is used for the water intake and where the big o-ring goes over the u-joint. There are still a couple rings in the bag. Am I missing something? I've enjoyed reading the other threads, and I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

You should have three o-rings left. The two identical ones go on the machined portion of the input yoke on the upper housing, in the two grooves. The last one goes on the input yoke just past the splines.

Tech Support

Comment

SE106 assembly and o-rings

SEI assembly instructions say in step 3.4, "Install the big one first, and then the two small ones" Is the "big" one the Bell housing seal ? or the "O" ring that is larger then the two smaller ones ? It will fit on the shaft nicelyall the way up to the univeersal joint ! But I never saw one there.

Comment

Ahh, I think I understand your confusion now. There are 3 o-rings that go on the input shaft. 2 identical ones go in the small grooves and the larger one goes in the large groove just past the splines. I always install the larger one first, which makes it easier to put the small ones on. If the small ones fall into the large groove, they can be difficult to remove.

Then you have the other two o-rings. The largest one (Around 4 inches) should get glued into the bell housing and the other one is for the water passage between the upper and the bell housing.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X