Trolling during break in period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling during break in period

I'm having a complete SE106 installed next week a day before leaving for a fishing trip. I've read some of the topics regarding the break in period and saw that SEI recomends that the RPMs be varied. This won't be a problem while running to and from spots since we do tend to put on some miles. But I'm wondering if there will be a problem with trolling for 3-4 hours during the break in period. Our RPMs are generally low while trolling (about 500-650). I'm also planning on changing the gear lube after 10-15 hours. Any thoughts on if the trolling is a bad idea or if it would change the number of hours at which the gear lube should be changed?

Actually I should clarify; we typically troll for 3-4 hours at a time. Depending on if that counted towards the break in time, the number of trolling hours may be more.

Comment

I would only count a couple of hours trolling as part of the break in process. Any more than that, and just don't count it. It doesn't have a negative affect, but 10 hours of trolling would not finish the break in proccess.

Tech support

Comment

Working...
      X