Vibration on turn - only one way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration on turn - only one way

HI There, I have a 106 complete leg which is still in warantee and has only been used twice (still running in) It was fine on the first outing but now there seems to be some quite heavy vibrations on full lock ON ONE WAY only. I've read through a lot of posts on here and other people are commenting on vibrations when turning both ways. Mine however is only when turning to full lock on one side.

When fitting we did not have the gimbal bearing done and I'm wondering if this could be what it is. I've also seen that people are commenting on the sizes of your clips used around the UJ which is causing knocking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If there is an issue with the ujoints, most people would describe it as a knocking noise. If it was the gimbal bearing it is best described as a growling noise. Why it would be when turning only one direction might be because the cutoutt for the transom assembly is not perfectly even limiting the turn angle port or starboard.

I would pull the drive and check the gimbal bearing. Rotate it by hand. If you feel anything other than perfectly smooth you should replace it.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X