i bought a lower and upper unit se106 but now i need a bell housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i bought a lower and upper unit se106 but now i need a bell housing

i don't want a used one.What can i do? My original outdrive was MCM228 (pre-alpha).Can i find anywhere a new A1 bell housing? Would a A2 bell-housing fit?
    Thanks in advance

pre

pre alpha used 2 steel pins and SS nails to mount it, Alpha has 2 threaded pins and TS,TL switches covering them.They do not interchange, The sei 106 will bolt up to a pre or post alpha type housing. Does not fit GEN II types.

Comment

Ok,can i find anywhere a new bell housing for my setup?

Comment

housing

Why do you think you need a housing
        http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...USING+ASSEMBLY

Comment

My boat Sea-Ray srv 220cc(raw water) with a new marine engine gm350 carburated (fast burn heads 64cc) was left in the water at the marina for a month in order to replace the last thing i hadn't replace, the intake manifold.After the replacement i noticed that the outdrive didn't feed the engine with water.The temp was raised a litle and i turned off the engine.I suspected marine growth at the water inlet of the outdrive.I dived and cleared it up (the growth at the inlet holes was very little).I connected a water-hose from the marina to feed the circulating pump of the engine and i started it ,at the same time the intake hose that goes to the power steering cooler was left disconnected.After a while the water came normal .I connected again to check with the raw water and this time the outdrives'pump seemed to work if we exept some air bubbles i could see through the water hose that goes to the circulator pump.I thought the whole problem was due to exhaust gases intersected with the water passage at the bell housing which is very old.Next day i repreated the same process but this time the outdrives' pump didn't raise any water at all.I dived and disconnected the exhaust bellows to confirm my assumption.I was wrong.Again no water at all.(bell housing's water hose also new ). I think it was a mistake not to check the impeller eventhough the outdrive is less than a year old and has worked less than 5 hours.

Comment

and something else,may you tell me please the part numbers for the original Quicksilver impeller and its gaskets?

Comment

The part numbers are:
              47-89984t4
              27-858524
              27-856081

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X