Intermediate shift shaft bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermediate shift shaft bushing

Hello I ordered an SEI 106 upper gearcase. Got it today and when I went to put the intermediate shift shaft on ( the one with the "shoe" ), I noticed the gearcase didnt come with a bushing in the hole, and the intermediate shift shaft drops down too far.

Was this a mistake or do you just not include it? I wont complain at the reasonable price, but this seems pretty petty to not include, since there is no way to re-use the old one, and its a cheap metal sleeve. Also the website makes no mention of not including this so i could order when I ordered the drive, rather than wait another week for parts.

Can you at least provide a part number for me? The dealer cant do anything without a serial number. Tough because its an aftermarket gearcase.

If you look at the information sheet that is with the packing slip, it mentions that we do not use a bushing. It will work just fine without one as once it is installed on the lower and bolted to the boat it cannot go anywhere.

Tech Support

Comment

shift

You did install the stainless steel washer on the splined shaft before assembly? It set`s the height for the shoe.

Comment

Yes I installed the washer. And yes I feel extremely stupid, I didnt look at the packing slip at all. Thanks guys, I'm a complete putz!

Comment

Working...
        X