Stalling in Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling in Reverse

Recently purchased a complete upper and lower SEI106 (1.47) unit for my 1983 Bow-rider Sea Ray V-8 260 Hp. Also bought install kit, bellows kit, gimbal bearing, anode kit and high performance lube. Was planning to attempt this out drive replacement myself but after researching the project decided to have it professionally done. The mechanic told me we would also need to replace sift cable (original) and trim sending unit kit (wires were completely bare). The install went well and the mechanic was pleased with the quality of the product. We have had the boat in the water for the first time for approx 2 hrs of run time and plan to go through the proper manufactures recommended break-in procedures. The noise of the unit was not too bad possibly quieter then the original drive? Our only problem at this point is there is a small amount of play with the throttle/shifter going into the forward position. Also shifting into reverse works fine until you attempt to accelerate and the engine stalls. Can the play be adjusted out of the cable? What is causing the boat to stall when we apply throttle in reverse? Any help with this matter will be appreciated. Thank You!

The stalling when shifting into reverse is most likely just a shift adjustment issue. It also could be that the shift cable was not screwed into the bell housing completely and is interfering with the reverse travel. Send an email to tech@sterndrive.cc and ask for the scoff adjustment document.

Tech Support

Comment

Thank you for your assistance regarding this matter. I will send an email to tech and hopefully get a resolve with this matter. Again Thank You!

Comment

Working...
      X