No announcement yet.

water pump tube straight with no bends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump tube straight with no bends?

When i joined my top half to my lower, there was only a straight pipe from the top half, there was no tube or pipe or anything on the lower, (like the picture on the instructions shows) only the pump housing, inside the water pump housing (where it looks like the tube should go) was a "rubber end" in the bottom. I removed that piece and placed it on the tube, when putting it together, (this tube comming from the top half was perfectly straight no bends like the picture shows) i had to push the tube over a conciderable amount from the boat side of the outdrive toward the prop. I did get it to move enough to go into the water pump houseing (persumably, im not sure its in perfect, as you cant see it when putting it together).
    It dose move water through the motor, and seems to work right, dose this sound right? Is there a way to test the volume of water that it should pump?

For some reason the instructions are showing the SE116 instead of the 106 for those couple of steps. I will work on getting that fixed. Essentially it is the same thing though.

You should have left that rubber grommet in the water pump housing, then inserted the guide tube on the top of the water pump. It is a nylon tube that is a bit over a half inch in diameter and 3 inches in length. This will act as a guide, so when you put the two halves together, the first thing you do is insert the straight copper pipe into the nylon tube. Then as you bring the halves closer together, the nylon tube will guide the copper pipe into place.

If it is together and not overheating, then you should be okay as the guide tube does nothing after it is assembled, and the grommet has a stop built into it, so it shouldn't move to high up on the copper pipe, unless you didn't have it lined up and you forced the drive down.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X