Running hot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running hot.

I have recently replaced a 5.7 enginge that overheated and cracked the block. The new engine was running hot as well so I put a cooler thermostat in the housing and noticed it wasn't getting any raw water.
    Troubleshooting led me to the waterpump in the drive but when I got to the impellar, everything looked in pretty good shape. I replaced it anyway and checked for any possible obstruction. I'll put the drive back on within the next couple days but am wondering what to look at next if it's stil not pushing any water to the engine.
    Thanks for your help.
    Respectfully,
    Dave.

i would check the power steering cooler to make sure there are no obstructions. You can also back flush the main hose that connects to the thermostate housing back through the gimbal housing. That will verify there is no obstruction.

Is it possible when the drive was put togetherm the water pipe did not get hooked up properly? That would explain a cracked block, but a good water pump.

Tech Support

Comment

Running hot- folow up.

SEI Admin,
      Thanks for your reply and advice. I did some poking around before re-installing the drive to the engine that was not getting any raw water. Come to find out the water inlet line coming out of the drive to the rubber hose in the gimbal had disconnected itself. The hose clamp was still on and snug so I'm guesing the mechanic who had replaced the belows may have had something to do with it, maybe not quite on all the way????
      Once everything was back together, took it out for a few hours and everything semed to work as it was supposed to.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X